Powered by Blogger.

Moving Is Hard


Hey friends.

So I've been in Orlando for about a week now, but it feels like I've been here twenty years already. Part of that's because this place is another extension of home to me. I have a handful of people that I know and love, and I've built a lot of memories here. I've become a lot of myself during the time I've spent living here, so it just feels natural to be back. I love that.

But my time here feels long also because it's been hard. I knew moving would be hard, but just the logistics and emotional stress of it all feels like too much sometimes. 

I very quickly said goodbye to some of my closest friends... people that are so precious to me, that I was preparing to spend another year with. Even though I haven't lived at home in four years, I had a mental breakdown saying goodbye to my parents.

I'm in the process of searching for a place to live here, while also trying to find someone to take my lease back in Baton Rouge (which feels hopeless and extremely frustrating because I'm not even there to take care of it).

All of this while trying to start a new, big girl job. 

I write all of this not to complain, but to be real. I love Orlando. I love Disney. I'm so excited and thankful for an opportunity that is an absolute dream. But I won't lie, I am stressed, emotionally drained, and discouraged.

I know that the Lord wouldn't have brought me here only to provide for me halfway. He is a God of promises that are yes and amen. He is on my side. I know that. It's just hard to trust truth over what my circumstances are screaming at me. 

So this is real, this is me. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, as the classic Disney Channel original movie Camp Rock would say. 

But, I would love if you would pray for me. Pray for provision, that God would open doors for me. That my housing dilemmas would be taken care of, and that I would be provided for financially until that happens. Pray for peace, over my fear and anxiety about my whole life at this point. We cannot let mental breakdowns become a norm. And pray for bravery. Bravery to stay and invest and do hard things. 

I would also love if you would let me know when you're praying for me. I think one of God's favorite methods of speaking is through people, and I have no doubt He would use your encouragement to minister to me.

As always, thanks for reading friends. Much love. 

1 comment