Powered by Blogger.

Quarantine Thoughts, Vol. V: A Good Monday


It's the start of week FOUR.

Four weeks. A whole month of a changed world.

I'm so dramatic.

I'm feeling strong and motivated this week. The weekend was good for me. I'm finally understanding the corporate culture attitude surrounding the weekend. The classic TGIF, "How was your weekend?" ... "Oh, not long enough" exchange *insert finger guns*. Even though my weekends consist of the same four walls as my work week these days, I've never felt more of a need for rest than I do now. Everything at work is chaos. Everything changes in the matter of seconds. One of the qualms of working for such a public company is that we are consistently in the news. I can't scroll twice through social media without reading some article or speculation about what Disney is doing.

This shift in attitude toward my work is so interesting to me. Working for Disney has never been true work for me. I generally enjoy going into the office and never leave with the need to escape. And not that I think that has changed drastically, but I find myself craving more rest now that work is associated with feelings of uncertainty and instability. My eight hours a day, five days a week has never been more mentally or emotionally draining.

This weekend was very productive for me personally. The 9 in me is a better, healthier version of me in productivity. Saturday was my lazy day - I took the morning off from stretching, Kelly and I started Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu, and I watched To All The Boys II alone in my room.

On Sunday, I pushed my body a little further than usual; which felt good at the time, but now not so much. I watched church online, which for some reason I've been reluctant to do until I actually do it. God has been reminding me of what my faith is actually made of and pushing me to do the things I sometimes don't feel like doing. I finished four watercolor orders, which is a lot for me since I routinely procrastinate. On the subject of art, I've been working with a photographer since January on gifts for her clients. We split up the payments to make it easier financially, and the second half just came in - as if God knew I would need the reminder right about now that He will provide for me in every way.

So happy Monday, friends. Here's to little posts (written mainly for myself) to document these ~unprecedented~ times. There are good days too.

2 comments

  1. I'm same with you Meag, I'm currently on week four as well, and the president of our country has just announced that our quarantine time will extend until April 30... whelp.
    I feel you when you say there's that extra weight when it comes to working from home, that I feel I am at home yes but /trying/ my best to work. But still grateful and determined to do my best despite the situation.. it is a blessing to have the WFH option after all..
    It's great that you were able to make the most out of your weekend! It's really good to rest and take a break from work. We need more down times more than ever.
    I truly appreciate your honest thoughts about this whole quarantine season. Thank you for sharing with us!

    Anna Jo | http://helloannajo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a unique situation for all of us! Thank you for sharing Anna Jo - praying the best for you and your loved ones!

      Delete