Powered by Blogger.

Eleven Minutes In Nashville


Hey friends! 

I promised you a Nashville post, and here it is (warning, it's v long)! This was actually my second time visiting (see my first visit here); but this time I went with my current roommates for spring break, and we got to stay a little longer.

I love traveling with my roommates because we're always on the same page on what to do... we love to eat. We love to shop. And we love to take pictures. Honestly, this is how we afford to take trips so often... we just spend money on food and don't do any of the tourist-y things that cost money hehe. 

Trips like these make me realize how blessed I am to have the friendships that I do. These girls make me laugh til my stomach cramps and roast me like no one else can; but at the end of the day, they are always there to speak life and support revolving around our shared love of God. There is no one more generous, more empathetic, more loyal and protective than my friends, and I am really thankful for them. 

FRIDAY

ARNOLD'S

So we left Baton Rouge at 5am (LOL), but that got us to Nash at around 1:30... It was too early to check in to our hotel, so we found food at this little southern cafe called Arnold's. This wasn't one of our original planned restaurants, but it was AMAZING. I had the roast beef and Mac 'n cheese, and ya'll it was so good. 10/10 would recommend. 

OPRY MILLS

After checking in to our hotel, we headed over to the Opry Mills mall and went shopping. We loved this place because it included outlets, bless up. We were going to eat in the Opryland Hotel, but most of the places were closing or too expensive, plus we were getting pretty hangry; so we ended up at the Macaroni Grill in the mall.


SATURDAY

ACME FEED & SEED

One thing's for sure... we are huge brunch people. Our first brunch of the weekend was at this place^^  There are four different floors, including a rooftop bar area. There's food and live music on the first level, and more seating and bars on the next levels. I got the banana pancakes (so good), but I really liked the chicken and waffles that Sarah got. We loved this place!!! Plus a great view of the city and Broadway. 

 

 

 


 

JOHN SEIGENTHALER PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE

Luckily Acme was right next to the entryway of the pedestrian bridge, so we were able to walk around and take pictures. The bridge has a perfect view of the skyline! It was overcast most of the weekend, but it never truly poured thank goodness. 



 




 


 




ABLE & FROTHY MONKEY

Next we went shopping at this place called Able that Sarah recommended. All their items are made by impoverished women around the world. I ended up getting the same leather tote that Sarah has (LOL), but in a different color. 

Next door to Able is the best little coffee shop. I had been on my last trip to Nashville, but to the 12 South location. They have the best banana mocha! 


VANDERBILT

Kire' is planning on going to law school after she graduates, so we went to check out Vandy. She loved it and here is basically when we decided to all move to Nashville together in the future :))) 


 

LOVELESS CAFE

Ya'll... this was the best meal we had all trip. It's this quaint little southern comfort food restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The wait was about an hour and a half, but WORTH IT. I had the chicken tenders with Mac 'n cheese and fried okra, and I'm pretty sure this food will be in heaven... along with our waiter, Owen, who loved Jesus and was the sweetest lil old man ever!!!

BROADWAY

We ended the night walking up and down Broadway, and listening to live music in some restaurant with a rooftop view called Rock Bottom Brewery. We also ran through the rain for ice-cream at this place called Mike's. 

SUNDAY

CROSSPOINT CHURCH

We attended church at Crosspoint, and it was beautiful. It's a pretty large church, but not quite as big as the one I go to here in Baton Rouge. We all loved the pastor and were all basically weeping at his pre-Easter message. But the highlight of the day was Sarah getting to meet her biggest role model, Annie F. Downs. She's an author/speaker, and we got to talk with her after service. She made each of us feel like her best friend, and I can't wait to read some of her books soon.

CAFE ROZÉ

Annie recommended this brunch place, and of course we were all about the brunch life. The place was adorable and matched my aesthetic of marble and blush pink. Tiffany and I had a frozen berry bowl, and Sarah and Kire' had an avocado egg toast. 10/10 would recommend. 

 

FIVE DAUGHTER'S BAKERY

As if we didn't just eat, we ran over to 12 South for donuts at Five Daughter's, and ya'll these are the best donuts I've ever had in my life. They rival District Donuts here in LA, which is a big deal because we love District. The dough is made from a croissant, so it's more of a cronut; but wow, it was delish. Super cute millennial aesthetic too. 

PARTHENON

Across the street from Vanderbilt, there's a park with a replica of the Greek Parthenon. It's actually a museum, but we didn't go in because it cost money lolol; so we just walked around and took pictures. 





 


 


THE PHARMACY

We ate dinner at this burger parlor/beer garden called The Pharmacy. It was all over recommended Nashville places to eat, and it did not disappoint. The burgers were a good size, and it wasn't too expensive either. 

SILO

After dinner, we drove around just to explore our future home hehe, but decided to get dessert at this nice nice place in Georgetown called the Silo. Tiffany and I had this suuuuper sweet caramel pudding thing with caramel bacon popcorn. It was good, but just super sweet. Also kind of pricy for just dessert. 

MONDAY

BISCUIT LOVE

Surprise, surprise, we're at brunch again! I had been here during my trip to Nash over winter break, and it's still one of my favorites. It's typical southern breakfast food, with a sweet emphasis on biscuits of course. I've gotten the SEC and the egg plate. Also the bonuts (biscuit donuts) are worth a try too!

THE GULCH

After brunch, we did what we do best and shopped/took pictures. This is where the #WhatLiftsYou wings mural is located. We mainly shopped around in Urban Outfitters and this place called Two Old Hippies.




 





Wow, congrats to you if you actually read this comprehensive low budget guide to Nashville. The best thing about Nashville is that it's a big city with tons of stuff to do/places to eat, but on average it takes less than 15 minutes to get anywhere. Honestly the amount of times we routed our GPS and it said exactly 11 minutes each time was FRIGHTENING. 

Thanks for reading friends, and be sure to let me know if you go anywhere mentioned above! I'd love to hear about it! 

No comments