Powered by Blogger.

#ArtfulEpcot: Festival Favorites


Last weekend I got to go to Epcot's International Festival of the Arts for the first time EVER! During festival season, Epcot becomes my most visited park. I have to say, this festival is competing for the spot in my heart that belongs to Food & Wine Festival. I love food, but I also love art... plus the concert series for this one stars Broadway performers so it's a real toss up.

I actually visited the festival twice this past weekend. The weather was SO nice; but it was also opening weekend + MLK weekend, aka I'm pretty sure the entire state of Florida was there as well. 

 


These chalk artists were amazing! I could watch them for hours. 

 

For anyone who has never been to a festival before, there are exclusive food and beverage kiosks throughout the world showcase for each festival. This is usually my favorite part, because y'all know I love the foods. But, I'm thinking Food & Wine Festival definitely has the better selection of booths as its name would imply. 


Pictured above is a mushroom risotto that Chandler got. Her review was that it was really good, but only if you like mushrooms. This can be found in the Canada pavilion.

Right below here are churro paintbrushes! The paint is white chocolate, and these were so yummy. I'm pretty sure this was my first time trying churros, and I would recommend. This was over at the Taste Track booth.

 

Pictured below on the left is a peanut butter pretzel crunch dessert that Kelly got from the Decadent Delights booth. It looks like a cake, but it's actually a chocolate mousse with a raspberry fruit filling and peanut butter pretzel bark at the bottom. Kelly wasn't really a fan, but I loved it. I personally like chocolate + fruit flavors, and the filling was actually sparkly!

On the right is a lobster mac and cheese cone from Taste Track, and this was SO good. Chandler said it reminded her of home, and this is definitely a food highlight of the festival.

 

I also tried a slushy float from the American pavilion that was really yummy. It had cherry, blue raspberry, and lemonade slushy over vanilla soft serve; and as a frequent slushy consumer, I was a big fan. Kelly tried the Sopes de Chilorio from Mexico which came with slow-braised pork over fried corn dough, black beans, queso, and salsa. She was a big fan. 


My favorite part of the festival is definitely the celebration of art here. There are so may fun booths with art featuring Disney, and it's going to be hard not buying EVERYTHING. Sometimes the artists are even there doing demonstrations or signing their work. 

There are also a lot of fun activities with this festival. You can sign up for drawing classes (for purchase), or participate in the paint-by-number mural! You are given a number to paint a little square as a contribution to a huge mural. I haven't done it yet, but I've heard it's a main attraction. Plus it's free! Another fun activity are the artful photo ops located throughout the World Showcase. They have these 3D classic paintings like the Mona Lisa or Scream that you can "step into" to make it look like you're a part of the scene. 


 

 

But the best part has to be the Broadway performances at the America Garden Theatre. On select nights, Broadway stars perform popular Disney songs from the Broadway shows. Y'all know I love the theatre, and I can't get enough of this! We got to see Kerry Butler who has done Belle from Beauty And The Beast and Kevin Massey who has done Tarzan on Broadway. They were so fun to watch, and I can't wait to go back and see more! 

We look so cold here LOL, but it was freezing (for Florida!).

 

Because the festival only lasts until February 25th, I'll be visiting as much as I can! Cast members also save 20% on food and beverage options Monday-Thursday. Be sure to let me know if there's anything else I should do or try at the festival! I'm sure I'll be updating the Instagram stories, so follow me there if you want to see more updates! 

1 comment

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks incredible!! I would so love to go to this festival!

    ReplyDelete