Powered by Blogger.

Things I Love: May


For me, the two busiest months of the year are May and August... when school ends and then a new year begins. This year was no different. May absolutely flew by, but I have quite a few things to share with you in this month's edition of TIL (I just made that up... we'll see if it sticks ??).


MOVIES

The Circle

Um, this was a terrible film. It starred Emma Watson and Tom Hanks, so you'd think it'd be pretty decent, right? Absolutely not (why would you choose this role Emma ??). It's basically about a company that develops minuscule cameras to place in every place possible because they feel that seeing and knowing everything is always better. It lowers crime, increases safety and community, etc. The movie is basically a satire on the importance of privacy, but the acting was eh and the plot was difficult to follow. 10/10 would not recommend.

Everything, Everything

I personally was not a huge fan of this movie either... I wasn't beyond hype for it, but I expected a nice lil romance. What I got was a classic teenybopper love story that included the cringe-worthy line "I loved you before I knew you." Lol, no. Amandla Stenberg is absolutely beautiful, and there were some sweet moments sprinkled throughout the movie... I just don't think I could take the whole thing seriously. Sorry not sorry? The book is on my summer reading list, so perhaps the movie will become more charming after that.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

This was a good film. I loved the first one a lot, although I think I've seen it one too many times. Most people love this movie for the comedy and action... but let me tell you, I shed a tear more than once throughout the movie. I won't give anything away, but this one had so many underlying themes of what it means to be a family; and I was WEEPING. Don't judge me, but I always get tear-y when you find out more about what makes a person who they are, their internal battles and external reactions. All that to say, this movie highlighted so many good things, and I loved it.

MUSIC

Malibu by Miley Cyrus 

I'm in LOVE with Miley's new song! It's so fun, and I think it highlights Miley's voice beautifully. I'm always looking for music to play in the car with the windows down, and this song is perfect! Hoping to hear more from her soon that sounds similar to this.

Connect the Dots by MisterWives

Alternative music is where it's at, ya'll. I found MisterWives when iTunes did like a free music single every week (do they still do that?); and I fell in love!!! This is their second album, and I'm still in the process of listening to all of it; but so far it's pretty good! I really liked their first album (Our Own House). If you're looking for a soundtrack that's basically pop with a unique, fun twist, I'd recommend MisterWives. Their songs are crazy and upbeat and I've never heard anyone quite like them!

Glory & Wonder by Mosaic MSC

This isn't actually a new album; it came out in September 2016... but after seeing a few of my friends recommend Mosaic, I started listening to their most recent album. It has quickly become one of my favorite worship bands! Their sound is so unique and beautiful and the lyrics authentic... I'm so obsessed. My favorite songs are How Beautiful, Glory & Wonder, and May God Be Everywhere I Go. 

SHOPPING

THIS camera lens

I recently invested in a camera lens I've had my eye on for a while. It's a 50mm prime lens, which means it's fixed and doesn't zoom. Obviously I don't know a whole lot on cameras and equipment, but I'm excited to take some portraits and play with it. If anyone has any tips for me, please let me know! 

TRAVEL

You're going to start noticing a lot of vacation-looking pics on my social media, and that's because I moved back to Orlando, FL for the summer! I'm working at Disney again on another college program, which I'll be doing a separate blog post on soon. Keep an eye out on the blog for featured posts on Disney and the city of Orlando, and follow me on Instagram to see more frequent updates! 

INSPIRED

Here's some fun Instagram accounts I've started following to inspire my calligraphy/art:

THIS blog post 

My friend Hannah over at Grace In Everything wrote this wonderful post right in the middle of my finals week, and it was just the words that my heart needed to hear. Instead of cycling through stress like I normally do, she challenged me to live in a way that makes the Scriptures that speak to anxiety true and trustworthy. Hannah is a faith-filled friend of mine, and I know I can always turn to her blog for encouraging truth and inspiration. 

THIS blog post 

Many of you have probably heard about or read Hannah Brencher's blog, but for some reason, I just now started following along. Her most recent post was enough to get me obsessed. She is real. Authentic. Vulnerable. This quote stuck out to me:
...I learned the one choice that makes all the difference between living out of fear and living out of faith: the courage to show up for your life, with the confidence that God will meet you there, day after day.

UGH, SO GOOD. Her book, The World Needs More Love Letters, is on my summer reading list, and I already can't wait for the second to come out. 

And finally...

Before I left for the summer, I had the privilege of doing a sunrise photoshoot/coffee date with my sweet friend Katie Price. I had requested her photography skills for some new pictures for this blog, and what better time than 6:30am as the sun rises? Katie inspires me because she is always looking for ways to practice the creative gift she's been given. Check out some of these dreamy photos from our shoot, and see her Instagram for more pretty pics! 








4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, those photos are absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they!? I love my photographer friends! They're so talented!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear your take on The Circle and Everything Everything. I've been curious about those, and now I might not see them... (I trusted Emma Watson too :( )

    I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU'RE GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

    ANNNDDDDD.... you featured my post :) Thank you bunches for that, sister. Also, I look forward to exploring Hannah's blog.

    I LOVELOVE THOSE PHOTOS! I saw them on Instagram and was like, "wow. Meaghan is a model."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, I guess you could see them to expand your movie knowledge... I just wouldn't spend a lot of moneys on them!

      IT'S BEEN AMAZING SO FAR!!! You're going to love your program!

      You're welcome! You're a true gem, my friend.

      And wow, no you're so sweet... I couldn't have done it without my talented friend!

      Delete