Powered by Blogger.

Writing With Vision

Summer 2016 at Rosemary Beach
Hey friends.

Lately I've been brainstorming ways to spice up my blog life. This led me to think about... what even is this blog? What's my vision here?

They tell you to pick a certain niche for your blog; whether it be food, fashion, DIY, travel, etc. I look back at my first few posts over a year and a half ago, and I would say I started out as a lifestyle blog. Then my posts began to dive deeper and deeper into my personal life, and now I feel like the blog is an angsty college-girl's version of tumblr.

See, I love fashion. I love adventures. I love photography. I love life. I love Jesus. How do I incorporate all of those things into a blog that's worth reading?

Don't get me wrong, I write because I want to write... not for attention or for followers or whatever. It's worth it to me to write something from my heart and it only mean something to a one person. But because I feel like the Lord has used me and this blog, I would like to create with excellence. I think God would bless this platform should I choose to dream big.

I would love for this blog to be a source of tips and tricks for life. With the possibility of launching an Etsy shop in the near future, I'd like the blog to be organized and professional. But as I was updating my About Me page, I came across my original "mission statement."
My hope for this blog is that you’ll find something that is real, something honest, authentic, vulnerable; and understand more of who I am, and maybe even more of who you are. One of the most beautiful things in life is when someone is so unapologetically theirself. I never want to be someone I’m not. Feelings, emotions, tears, laughter, insecurity, love: all of those things are real. They are part of life and it can be messy sometimes. And that’s okay.  
I updated my whole About Me page, but chose to keep this exactly the same from when I launched in August of 2015. I was reminded that this is the thing about my blog that I never want to lose. I think this is what my "niche" is, what sets me apart. Sure, centering my blog around such a broad statement is a challenge. But my favorite pieces of writing are always slightly beyond surface-level.

I'm not saying every post is going to divulge the deep secrets of my life. I like sharing about my travels and favorite things and just what I'm up to lately.

But what I will promise is that there is always room for vulnerability here. I never want anyone to question whether or not I live a real life. I'll share my really good days here that are full of joy and adventures and fun. And I'll also share my real life days here that are hard and full of messiness and struggles.

All that being said, the blog will most likely be going through some redesign soon, from the literal layout and theme to the content posted. I won't be deleting any of my previous posts, so you'll still be able to find them all here. And like I said earlier, an Etsy shop may be in the works so keep an eye out for that.

What would ya'll like to read? I'm thinking of posting a monthly list of favorites/"what's" (what I'm watching, what I'm reading, what I'm wearing, etc.).

Thanks to all who keep up with me (all 7 of you lol). Be sure to send me any ideas you have for me! Also, you can subscribe via email (option available on desktop/web version only) to get updates anytime I post.

No comments