Powered by Blogger.

Things I Love: March


Every once in a while, my favorite blogs will post lists of things they're watching/reading/doing, along with their reviews. I don't know why they're my favorite kind of posts, but I always appreciate them for providing real life recommendations from a trusted, respectable source. It keeps me updated on movies or books worth investing in, products that make life easier, etc.

So welcome to my first edition of things I love as of recent.

MOVIES

Beauty and the Beast 

My well-known love for Disney has warranted my opinion from many friends, and I'd say it's definitely worth seeing. I saw it twice, with the second time being my favorite. I was super critical the first time, while the second I was able to just watch and enjoy. My favorite part of the movie is the cast... they are amazing and give the characters such depth. Gaston is THE worst, but Luke Evans and Josh Gad make his scenes the best. Personally I loved the cinematography of Cinderella more, but BATB was beautiful nonetheless. 

I also really loved this article I saw on Facebook if you're struggling on whether or not to see the movie for religious reasons. 


MUSIC

÷ by Ed Sheeran

Not sure if this makes me basic or not, but I've never listened to Ed before and I really love this album. Fave songs are What Do I Know? and Castle On A Hill. 

There Is A Cloud by Elevation Worship

Elevation is one of my favorite worship bands, and their newest album came out this month. My favorite songs are Fullness (Acoustic) and Forever I Run. 

Red Sea Road by Ellie Holcomb

This album came out earlier this year, but I just started listening to it this month. Ellie is the wife to Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors if you've ever listened to them. Her songs are fun and uplifting, but it's the lyrics that really hooked me!

Dear Evan Hansen

This is the music that truly makes me come alive. DEH is a new Broadway musical about an awkward high school senior named Evan who writes letters to himself to boost his self confidence. One day, a classmate commits suicide and through a string of coincidences, people think that Evan and this boy were best friends through these letters they wrote to one another. Evan goes with it, enlisting an old acquaintance to help him forge the letters; and through that we see their friendship blossom. Evan's letters start movement in his school to ensure that no one ever feels like they are alone. It is absolutely beautiful, people. The message, the music, everything. Ben Platt (Benji in Pitch Perfect) is the main character, and he is wonderful. 


READS

Present Over Perfect

Outside the Bible, I like to keep up with the latest Christian living/lifestyle books in my devotional time. Right now, I'm reading Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist. It's about the importance of finding rest and seeking a simpler way of living that doesn't exhaust your soul. I'm not done with it yet, but so far it's pretty good. Probably not my favorite read, but I'll be sure to give my final review later on.


SHOPPING

THESE headbands 

I'm all about small shops and most of my favorites I've found on Instagram. I just ordered two of the cutest bow headbands from @raritybycasey, and I can't wait for them to come in! They're handmade and you can choose from the fabrics posted (I ordered the chambray denim and the pink floral). 

Journals

I have an addiction to stocking up on journals. Right now, I love the clean, elegant, girly look. A couple of weeks ago, I needed a new prayer journal so I got this one; and then I needed a notebook to brainstorm ideas and organize, so I got this one. Both of these I found at Books-A-Million.


INSPIRED

THESE Instagram's

Here are some accounts I've followed recently that inspire me:
So there's a glimpse into the pieces of my life. What are some of your favorite things lately? Leave a comment or slide into my dm's, and let me know if you read/watch/listen to any of my March faves! 

2 comments

  1. Those headbands are so cute! My roommate just went to see DEH on broadway in NY last week and said she cried the whole time, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know! I follow all these Disney accounts on Instagram and found her shop through one of them.

      That sounds like a DREAM. I try to watch some of it through youtube clips, but it's so new there's not much there!

      Delete