Powered by Blogger.

His Praise Will Never Cease


Worship of God will never cease to exist.

God has been and will always be. He will be glorified forever; if not by His people, the rocks of the earth will cry out (Luke 19:40).

I can't wrap my mind around that fact... that a Being exists and is so marvelous that even the rocks of the earth cry of His glory. A Being that will always be worshipped. There is no amount of time, no matter how small, that God is not being exalted.

He has been worshipped since the beginning of time. Yes, our day to day lives should be a constant act of worship, but here I'm talking about a deliberate outward expression. "Praise" is a more accurate term, if you will. Worship styles may have changed over the years... Worship may have occurred in a temple or in the quiet of a home. Sometimes there are flashing lights and impressive sound quality. Sometimes there are only voices to shout or sing of who He is and what He's done for us.

Wherever or however worship has happened over time, we as believers have all worshipped the same God. We have all witnessed His beauty and divine hand in our lives. We have all been crushed by His grace and compelled to praise Him.

That's amazing.

It's amazing that not for a second has God gone without someone or something glorifying Him. I can only pray that no matter how dark the world gets, that someone would still be left to bring glory to His name. BUT even if there isn't, God is so worthy, so powerful, so marvelous that the rocks will sing praises. As long as God has being, creation has no choice but to follow in worship. His praise will ever be as long as He is.

It almost seems to make my own worship insignificant... almost. But it doesn't.

I only want to glorify Him more. I only want to pour out all that I have so that everything I do and say... all that I am just sings of who God is and what He's done for me. He is worthy of my worship. He doesn't need it. He doesn't need me. But He deserves it and so much more than I can give. He desires that I know Him and worship Him.

And if something so inanimate and lifeless as a rock can cry out, how much more can I give? The fact that a God so marvelous that rocks worship Him would desire glorification from me is more than enough to "earn" what little I have to offer. I worship God because I love Him, but His ever-presence compels me to praise this Being that is higher than I.

The Lord will be praised whether by the rocks of the earth or the angels in heaven, forever. I want my voice to join in that everlasting song.
Praise the LordPraise the Lord from the heavens;  praise him in the heights above.  
Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts. 
Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars. 
Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. 
Let them praise the name of the Lordfor at his command they were created, and he established them for ever and ever—he issued a decree that will never pass away. 
Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and women, old men and children. 
Let them praise the name of the Lordfor his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.   
Psalm 148:1-13

No comments