Powered by Blogger.

Two Months Later...


LOL at the time I said I was going to try and update my blog regularly. Just kidding about that.

But now is as good a time to blog as any. Forgive me for what this post will end up being... who knows what all I'll end up writing about by the end.

I've been here almost 2 whole months now! I'm still loving my program as much as when I started. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm working specifically in Hollywood Studios at Oscar's Stroller Rentals and all the merchandise shops on the right side of the boulevard (including the Darkroom, Cover Story, Celebrity 5 & 10, and Head To Toe).

Post-work hang out at Steak 'N Shake
I absolutely love work family! Merchandise is a really fun role with lots of guest interaction which can be both exciting but also taxing. Each cast member plays a role in making a guest's vacation magical, which can leave us exhausted at the end of the day. Honestly though, it's worth it; I love getting paid to simply be kind.

One of the highlights of the past months include eating at Be Our Guest for dinner with my roommates!


Be Our Guest is almost impossible to get a dinner reservation to, but we happened to check one day and lucked out! It's modeled after the Beast's castle from Beauty and the Beast, and it's absolutely beautiful! The food is delicious, but I think it's really the experience that makes it worth it.


The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival is happening now, and it's officially my favorite thing. 

My roommate Jessica and I @ Epcot
There are numerous topiaries of all the Disney characters throughout the park, and they are so lovely! One day I'll have to go and photograph them all. Each of the countries in the World Showcase have special merchandise and food kiosks (my actual favorite part of it all). I'm slowly eating my way through all the restaurants across Disney, and I've had to become one of those people who photographs their food. I hate myself for that, but at the same time I'm not stopping.

Applications for Spring CP's to extend through the summer dropped, and I'm excited to say I've been extended through July 28th as a Disney Photopass Photographer!


This was my top choice when applying for the program, and I can't even believe I get to live that dream this summer. I expected to be extending in my same role and location, which I would have been happy to do, so I was pleasantly surprised to be selected as Photopass.

The Lord has really blessed me with the desires of my heart lately, and I'm so thankful. I am undeserving. One of the things on my mind lately has been living fruitfully and abundantly. It's easy for me to be apathetic toward building meaningful relationships here in Orlando when I know my stay here is only temporary and that I have a life at home to go back to. But I'm totally wrong in that way of thinking! I should be living abundantly and investing in relationships anywhere I go. There is purpose in everything. Who am I to say the Lord can't do great things in and through me while I'm here? I don't want to miss any opportunities to bless and be blessed by those around me. True, my time here is only temporary, but it can have an eternal impact.


Easter is almost here! I will never comprehend the sacrificial love of Jesus. I truly owe Him everything, and I'm excited to be celebrating Him here in Disney. It's hard being away from my family and friends right now; a lot of cp's have had visits from friends and family on spring break. Only two more months until my family will be here to visit though! It's been 10 years since my family has been here, so I'm excited for their visit.

If you'll be visiting Disney anytime through July, please let me know! I promise I'll make every effort to see you; I love getting visits from familiar faces.

Much love to my faithful followers. Follow me on Instagram (@meagmercy) or Snapchat (happyllama1000)  to see more of my Disney adventure!

No comments