Powered by Blogger.

Traditions, Training, & One Magical Trip


Hello hello! I've been having the greatest time here in Orlando, so here's an update on the highlights of my program so far.

Wednesday:

Olivia, me, Maggie, Jessica, Sarah, Kennedy
So two nights after we all moved in, the roommates and I traveled to the Yacht & Beach Club resort to conquer the famous Kitchen Sink dessert.


The Kitchen Sink is located in the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop. We didn't have a reservation, so the wait was 2 hours (but worthhhhh it!). I didn't know the resorts were more than just a hotel, and the Yacht & Beach Club resort is home of the Disney Boardwalk. We got to walk around and watch fireworks, so the wait wasn't bad at all.

We got the Chocolate Lover's Kitchen Sink and finished it all of course!

Saturday:


Saturday I had Traditions, which is like an official orientation as a Disney cast member. A lot of special things go on at Traditions, including a mini tour of Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately, it was 40 degrees and raining, and we were all dressed business casual clothes. It's Disney though, so there was still a bit of magic in the air!



Sunday:

This was my first day of training, which included Intro To Operations and Intro To Merchandising classes. BUT, because I went through Traditions, I now have unlimited access to the parks! My roommates and I all piled in the car and ran around Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day.


Our main mission was meeting characters. First was Tinkerbell, and she was so cute and sassy.


Next up was the boss man himself, Mickey Mouse! I had met him once before, but this was a truly special experience. We were all so excited to greet Mickey and hug him and it all felt so real that we were officially cast members!



A legit candid of me and Liv's reactions to meeting Mickey!
Some characters I have a new found love for are Pooh and Tigger. They are some of the most animated and adorable characters I've ever seen! I can't wait to go back and see them again soon.



Then we met quite a few of the princesses, and they were all so beautiful and sweet. We had a system of stacking all of our autograph books, then handing the photographer a phone for the picture.

There is nothing flattering about this lighting...




We definitely rode a few rides like Pirates, Thundermountain, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Small World... but by far the most magical moment I will treasure for all time is on the Dwarf Mine Train rollercoaster.

As we were riding the ride, the fireworks show was happening. The ride is right behind Magic Kingdom so the fireworks were going off right above us. There we were, whipping around this rollercoaster, and it was cold, and the fireworks were going off above and around us! Olivia and I were in the same car, and we were just screaming and pointing the whole time. Literally right out of a commercial. We even got off the ride just in time to see the fireworks finale. A memory worthy of shedding a tear. It was perfect.

I'm keeping track of how many times I go on each ride, just for fun to look back on and have record of it. Today was another training class; and tomorrow I have training as well, but I head out to Hollywood Studios instead of Disney University. Hopefully I'll get to know the exact shops I'll be working in and the costumes I'll be wearing.

I was riding the bus the other day and it finally hit me that I'm legitimately living in Orlando and working for Walt Disney World right now. I can't believe that I'll be here for at least 4 months! If you're coming to visit, just let me know and I'd love to see a familiar face! Don't forget to follow me on Snapchat (@happyllama1000) to see a more detailed and live update of what I'm up to. See everyone real soon!

No comments