Powered by Blogger.

DCP: The First Few Days

I am SO LATE on updating everyone on my DCP adventure, but I haven't had time (or motivation tbh) to sit down and share. Here's a really long post on what I've been up to!

Monday:

I checked in to my program at Disney!

After driving 12 hours across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida, my parents and I finally arrived the night before check-in.

My check-in time was at 12:15pm at the Vista Way pavilion. Check-in is where you find out your work and housing location. Some people go straight to Casting after check-in, which is a short bus ride away where you do fingerprints and paperwork; but I had Casting the next day, which was nice so that I had time to move in all my things to the apartment.

Speaking of the apartment, we ended up in Vista Way (there are four complexes: Vista Way, Commons, Chatham, and Patterson). It's a three bedroom, two bath apartment, which was actually one of our last preferences just because Vista is the oldest of the complexes and has a rumored reputation. But... our apartment is nice and cozy, and it's all good because roommate requests aren't guaranteed, but luckily we were all put in the same apartment.


Check-in went smoothly. I waited in a long line for a while, but it probably only took about an hour in total. Afterwards, I went and picked up my parents from the hotel, and then we moved everything in.








Next my parents and I went grocery shopping, then to Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) with my roommate Olivia. We window shopped and ate at the Rainforest Cafe.


Tuesday: 

The only thing I had was Casting at 1:30, which is where you fill out I-9 paperwork, do fingerprints, and get your training schedule.


The Casting building is so beautiful! You probably drive by it when going to Disney Springs (I just had to backspace Downtown Disney). The outside has Casting in gold letters with Alice In Wonderland doorknobs. The inside entry way is a circular room with pillars of golden Disney characters mounted all around them.




(Shout out to my roommates Jess and Maggie for these pics because suddenly I've forgotten to take any...?)

Wednesday: 

I had nothing scheduled for today, so a few of my roommates and I went to Target to get apartment decorations! We had so much fun running around Target and deciding on a color scheme.



Then we went to Chick-fil-A, and Maggie and Kennedy had it for the FIRST TIME. There's a Chick-fil-A literally right next door to the apartment complex which is terrible but great because I eat it weekly.


Then we returned to the apartment to decorate! Decor made it look so much more homey and less Vista-y.


This is our teeny tiny kitchen!
A collage of our roommate gifts from Sarah
I've only been here a few days, but it's all been so busy! My work location is Hollywood Studios Right Block merchandise, so I believe I'll be rotating through all the shops on the right side of the boulevard when you first walk in. I have Traditions (which I'll explain later) on Saturday and work training Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

I'll try and keep everyone updated through my blog, but if you want to see "live" updates, you can add me on Snapchat @ happyllama1000 (don't judge me, I made it in 9th grade). There are much more exciting things coming, so stay tuned!

1 comment

  1. SO EXCITING!!!!! I love following your Disney journey on Snapchat! And it is so amazing that you already have friends, a cozy apartment, and a schedule set up! Prayers going your way!

    ReplyDelete