Powered by Blogger.

Lately



Hello.

It's me. 

And it has been over a month since I've posted. I'd like to say I've been busy, which I have... but not busy enough so that I couldn't have written. It's hard to find motivation and inspiration. But anyways, here's an update on my oh-so-interesting life.

Christmas Day, 2015
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We spent Christmas in Oklahoma where the whole family lives. I'd have to say the ride back from OK to LA was the absolute worst car ride of my life. The weather in Texas was awful with flood and tornado warnings going off every five minutes... but yet we pressed on. Because of all the rain, the roads were flooded which resulted in many detours. All in all, we spent exactly twelve hours in the car. By that time, I was ready for a tornado to sweep me up and pray it carry me home.

Eventually we made it back, but just 48 hours later, I was packed up and headed to Dallas for Chi Alpha's South Central SALT Conference. SALT is a two day conference for all Chi Alpha's in the South Central area, totaling around 1,800 students. And wow... it was incredible. Not to ride the I-just-came-out-of-an-amazing-Jesus-conference high, but I learned so much those couple of days.

The basic summary of what I took away from SALT: our God is holy. I knew and could see His presence in the room, so why did I need an emotional response to prove that? I didn't! I don't (check out my previous posts here and here to find out my progressive mental state). I was convicted of being so... whiny/petty I guess? toward the Lord. He deserves all my love and all my worship unconditionally. God is good. He doesn't hide His face to tease us (check out Amanda Cook's song Pieces). I decided when I became a Christian to follow Jesus; that doesn't mean it's always going to be easy, but I've made a commitment to serve Him. Not in a drag-your-feet, imprisoned sort of way, but in devotion... In realizing that God is who He says He is, and because of that it is well in my soul.
And now I have the whole month of January to myself. If you hadn't noticed, I've become a writer for the Odyssey for the Disney College Program. The Odyssey is a nationwide online "newspaper" for college students from almost every university. The Odyssey gives its writers freedom to write their opinions on what matters most to them. I'm honored to write for them, especially since this is the first time the Odyssey has hosted DCP as one of its schools. Plus we are the only "school" that's not a real university.

I'll be writing an article every week (look for them every Monday!), so that's why my blog will be taking a seat on the back burner. I'm not sure how much time I'll have in between working and writing. For now, my blog will be taking on a different direction depending on how often I have time to write... I'll use this space for personal updates on what's happening in my life. Share-able articles will be written for the Odyssey, while life updates will happen here.

I can't promise anything super exciting, although I will be living in Disney World in 23 days.

Thanks in advance for reading and keeping tabs on my life, although this writing will probs be more for my personal sanity.

I'll try my best to keep everyone updated! I'm thinking most of my DCP pictures will end up on Facebook or Instagram. Also be sure to check out my first News article published by the Odyssey this upcoming Monday! I think it will be pretty interesting, and I'm super excited to share it with ya'll. Until next time dear friends.

No comments