Powered by Blogger.

Lifegroup Affirmations 2k15

Last night was our last lifegroup meeting of the semester. On the last night, we always do Affirmations, which is just a time of lifting up, encouraging, and loving on our fellow sisters. Each lifegroup does it differently, but we this time we decided to take over a conference room with a white board in the union. We traced the silhouette of each person, and they stepped out of the room while we wrote or illustrated why we love them around the silhouette. Then they came back in blindfolded, and we took a picture of them in front of the white board surrounded by their affirmations.

It's always a really sweet time together because we get to focus on all the qualities that make each of us so beautiful. This one was especially good, just because it was the last lifegroup with these girls before I go to Disney in the Spring. I can't wait to spend my days in Disney, but I'm sure gonna miss these times with my sisters.

So here are the pictures from last night. They are filled with much love and inside jokes, quotes each of us say a lot, some of our favorite songs and people.

P. S. The lighting made us all look like serial killers, but it's okay.

This is Kire', one of my newest and closest friends. We bond over shopping and being consistently dead inside. Kire' is the realest of the real, and she will tell it like it is. She is strong and independent. She is an excellent cook and I need that in my life. One of the things I love most about Kire' is that she dreams big, and I know that she's the kind of person who will turn her dreams into reality. She pursues truth, and I love seeing her grow and seek the face of the God. 

 This is Allie aka Alexandra aka my Allison. You've probably seen her face on my Instagram. Allie and I were friends in high school with a strange connection through Upward Basketball. We met occasionally in LC for sushi and/or Starbucks, but it wasn't until this year that we became practically inseparable. I feel like we've seen every side of each other, but never tire of spending almost every day doing something together. She is my fellow movie lover, and we've spent more than one night getting lost in Baton Rouge and talking til 2 A.M. My favorite thing about Allie is that she knows the Lord. Her walk with Him is steady and committed. She knows who He is and who she is in Him. 

 This is sweet JoJo. I love being around JoJo because she is always a light. She loves One Direction and Justin Bieber, and shares the funniest Facebook videos. Her love for Jesus is evident and grows each day. Even if she's been studying for hours or running on zero sleep, she has joy inside her that is contagious. I really admire the way she relies on the Lord to carry her through difficult times; like even if it's been a rough day or week, she consistently knows that the Lord is going to be with her and that she can trust in Him to have her back. 

This is Claire, and she is one of my lifegroup leaders. Claire and I were in the same lifegroup last year, and it's incredible to see her grow into such a leader. Claire is chill and loves tacos with a love I don't understand. She is outgoing and makes friends with every person she meets. Claire is one of the most amazing testimonies to Christ I've ever met. She seeks to glorify Him in all that she does and can't help but share what He's done in her life. She lets her love for Jesus push her to seek out the lost, and I love that. 

Ah Katie aka Katherine aka my fair Kathy. Katie is my other lifegroup leader and now the intern for Chi Alpha. Funny story... we sort of kind of not really knew each other in high school through band, and we had many mutual friends, but long story short Katie became one of my dearest friends starting last year. She was also my leader last year, and she took the time to invest in me and love me. Whether it's going on adventures or just needing to talk out my feelings, Katie has always been there. She is selfless and loves deeply. Katie is a true lover of Jesus. She treasures moments with Jesus that she can be close and intimate with Him. 

And then there's mine. I always feel so loved after affirmations, because this is what these girls see when they look at me. All of these quotes and pictures... they know me. 

Last night was good also just because they got to pray over me and "commission" me to Disney for the spring. I know that I am loved and supported, and that's really special to me. 

look at these high quality photos
I look at these girls and I see the many images of God. They each love Him and people in unique ways. I'm thankful for a group of girls bonded together by the love of Jesus. They are a safe place. They are community.

grainy iphone pics 5evr

2 comments

  1. This is so lovely, Meaghan! It makes me want to be in a Lifegroup. But what is a Lifegroup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! Lifegroup is just a small group of girls that meets weekly to do a lesson or Bible study together. We also try and do things together outside of Bible study, like having movie nights or studying together. Our leaders try and meet with us individually just to talk and hang out. It's basically about having a group of girls you know you can depend on to just do life together :)

      Delete