Powered by Blogger.

My Apartment

Well, I'm a few days late, but I am finally moved in to my apartment on campus! After pouring rain and zero parking, I am reunited with my beautiful campus and my darling friends. Decorating my room is one of my favorite parts of moving in, and I thought I would share some of my interior design skillz. I am definitely a fan of gold and all kinds of sparkly things, so don't be surprised at this recurring theme.

I'm OBSESSED with gallery walls. My home decor Pinterest board is full of them!

I got my prints here and here. I got the Starry Night poster from a poster sale on campus.
Step 1. Buy a plain white lamp from Walmart. Step 2. Use a sharpie to write song lyrics/anything on your lampshade. Step 3. Modpodge your lamp stand, sprinkle glitter, Modpodge again.

Walgreens prints 4x4 photos for cheap! And again, glitter + Modpodge for the clothes pins.

Gold flowers are from here.

Be Happy, Be Bright, Be You pillow from here.

Pencil cup made with glitter + Modpodge, and my monogram tray is from here.

And that's my cozy room for the year! My conclusion: apartment life > dorm life.

Oh, and here's a picture of me and my roommate squad. They're the best.


Leave me a comment or write me an email (meaghanmercy@gmail.com). I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment

  1. Such a cute room! I especially love the gallery wall and the lamp! I need to make that kind of lamp but maybe with book quotes... And I'm in favor of the glitter and gold for sure. Just check out my blog tutorials, I glitter everything!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete