Powered by Blogger.

Twist & Shout: Chicago


Hey friends! 

Today I'm sharing some photos from a short day trip to Chicago! And by "some" photos, I mean A LOT

This past weekend was my dear friend Maggie's wedding in Appleton, Wisconsin. My friends Kennedy and Charles live in Michigan, so I flew in to Detroit, and we road tripped from there. On the way back to Kennedy's house, we had an extra day until mine and Olivia's flight back, so we stopped in Chicago for a few hours to see some of the sights! Lately I've been feeling a bit of the travel bug, so I jumped at the chance to see a city I've always wanted to visit. 

Olivia, Kennedy, Maggie, and I all roomed together on my first Disney College Program in the spring of 2016.

Our first stop was Navy Pier, right on Lake Michigan. 




This is my FAVORITE picture! Thanks be to Kennedy's boyfriend, Charles, for capturing us living our best life.  









It was a surprisingly warm day for Chicago in September, but turned out to be pretty nice out by the water. I would never have guessed we were by Lake Michigan, because the water was so blue and clean! The only lake water I've ever seen has been dirty brown, but this felt like we were by the ocean.



We had to try deep dish pizza when in Chicago, and it did not disappoint! We stopped at this little restaurant right on the pier called Giordano's. There wasn't a long wait, and we sat outside in the shade. It was so filling that we didn't need to eat anything else really the whole day. 


LOL at Charles for waiting on us to take all the photos of the food before eating!


These are some photos from Crystal Gardens, a garden/greenhouse area also along the pier!



Our next/final other stop was The Bean over in Millennium Park. I absolutely love big cities, so I was LIVING! There was no better feeling than driving the streets of Chicago with the windows rolled down, listening to Twist & Shout and feeling like I was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Truly a time to be alive people! 




It was cooling off by the time we got to Millennium Park, and the sun was starting to set behind all of the buildings. We spent a while taking some pictures, then just sitting on the steps and enjoying our time together.










Your 21st century breakfast club





It was honestly such a perfect day. The weather was beautiful, and the only money we spent was for gas and a nice lunch. Chicago has always been a city I've wanted to visit, and I am so fortunate to have such great friends from across the country to adventure with!

Of course this was probably the shortest possible trip ever, and I'd love to visit again to really get a feel for the city and not just tourist traps. If you have any recommendations, send them my way so I can go back!!

2 comments

  1. THIS LOOKS SO AMAZING! I've always wanted to visit Chicago! That pizza looks SO good, and all of the sights are absolutely gorgeous. That's so great that you got to visit, even if it was just for a short time!

    (Also, I LOVE your romper. <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Grace it was so much fun! Big cities always have a piece of my heart!

      Delete