Powered by Blogger.

Two Years


Hey friends!

This month is a very special month for the blog because it has been two whole years since my first post (linked here)!

I first started writing as an outlet to share the life and times of Meaghan Mercy, but also to share what the Lord had been teaching me in hopes that He would use my experiences to speak to others. In the past two years, my blog has gone through some changes in content, some absence and inconsistency, and even a change in name (RIP Meaghan Unscripted). 

But as mentioned in previous posts, my vision for this blog found in the About Me tab still stands. That this space would always make room for authenticity, and that authenticity could always be found at the heart of every post.

I've learned a few things along the way... about myself, about the Lord, and about partnering in writing with Him.
I've learned to write with confidence.

To speak what has been put on my heart without hesitancy. 

To even have the discernment to know what is being put on my heart. The process of writing can be hard; but for me, there is a sense of urgency and excitement when inspired by the Lord. 

The confidence to write is paired hand in hand with the faith that what I write will be used. What purpose would I have for writing if I didn't have the faith that the Lord would use it to mean something? 

There have been so many times I would be writing about something hard that I was going through, wondering whether or not I wanted to share this so publicly. But every time I've experienced a hint of hesitancy, God has been faithful and honored the words spoken on His behalf. I've received texts and comments from both friends and strangers confirming that this was a word for them. Some posts I have no idea why I'm even sharing what I am... but the Lord is still gracious enough to use me even in my doubt. He is a God who is good and is for us. Work done on His behalf is never in vain.

Sidenote: vulnerability invites vulnerability. Being raw and honest allows others to feel confident in doing the same. People need to know they're not alone in what they face. 

I've learned that numbers don't need to be everything for me. Even if a post only speaks to one person, it is absolutely worth it for that person to be even a step closer to God. 

Writing/blogging has changed my worldview. We serve a God that will leave the ninety-nine sheep for one, because every heart matters. Sometimes a post doesn't seem to get the response I deem worthy of all the time and effort I put into creating it. And it's easy to discount the one person who comments out of the audience I have... but I'm reminded of how the Lord doesn't see the world in numbers, but in individual souls with enough love to pour out on each one. I believe the one comment that says they really needed to hear this today; and I now have compassion and empathy for them, because every heart matters. 

So in honor of a beautiful two years, I'm dedicating this post to every heart that reads and follows this blog. For every share or comment or conversation that starts with "Oh, I read your blog post..." I can't tell you how much it means to me. Honestly there have been times I've been close to quitting, but the Lord has used you to encourage and affirm me.

I pray you would leave this post encouraged and confident in the pursuit of all the dreams and plans the Lord has for you. He loves you so much, sweet friend.

Thank you for two years!!! Here's to many more dedicated to serving ya'll and serving the Lord through words.

2 comments

  1. Two years is so awesome, Meaghan!! I only wish that I had landed on your blog sooner. You are so lovely and encouraging, and I adore your posts. :) Here's to a wonderful new year!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grace! I appreciate every encouraging word from you! You are so sweet, and I'm thankful for ya!

      Delete