Powered by Blogger.

Let The Good Times Roll


Last weekend we spent another day in our favorite adventure city - New Orleans.

Allie's friend Claire was in town visiting, so we had to show her all of our favorite places in NOLA. Our classic first stop was District Donuts. The lineup was pretty swell, and I ended up with a Berries & Cream donut and a hot chocolate.



After District, we walked up and down Magazine Street, and stopped in a few antique shops and boutiques. One of my favorite shops is a vintage clothing store owned by this lady who has a love for finding and selling old things, and I think that's beautiful.

Look at how beautiful this is!!!!

Before leaving Magazine Street, we stopped at our favorite little sweets shop called Sucre. Sucre sells a variety of a dainty desserts, gelato, and the best macaroons. One day I'll get around to trying more of their selection; but macaroons are my absolute favorite dessert, and getting some from Sucre is always a treat.

S/o to Kire' for my macaroon pin!!! The rest of my pins are part of Disney's pin trading collection available at the parks or online. 
We stopped for a late lunch at this place called High Hat. I had a burger with house made pimento cheese and fries (nothing exciting here). It's our new goal to eat at a new restaurant each time we visit New Orleans!


Then we headed over by Tulane to find a little used book store. I ended up getting a couple of books, one of them an autobiography by Molly Ringwald. I just love that girl and all her 80's teen angst.


That was all for the day! I love sharing my mini adventures in NOLA so that if you ever find yourself there and in need of recommendations, you have an amateur's reference. New Orleans is famous for their party scene, but there's so much more to the city than that. I hope if you're ever there that the culture of good food, never-ending music, and brightly colored walls won't be lost on you. Thanks for reading, friends!



Sidenote: shout out to my friend Katie Price for the new blog logo! 

No comments